Controller command flags and defaults.
The GitOps Toolkit Kustomize Controller documentation.
The kustomize-controller is a Kubernetes operator, specialized in running continuous delivery pipelines for infrastructure and workloads defined with Kubernetes manifests and assembled with Kustomize.
- Reconciles the cluster state from multiple sources (provided by source-controller)
- Generates manifests with Kustomize (from plain Kubernetes YAMLs or Kustomize overlays)
- Decrypts Kubernetes secrets with Mozilla SOPS and KMS
- Validates manifests against Kubernetes API
- Impersonates service accounts (multi-tenancy RBAC)
- Health assessment of the deployed workloads
- Runs pipelines in a specific order (depends-on relationship)
- Prunes objects removed from source (garbage collection)
- Reports cluster state changes (alerting provided by notification-controller)
Last modified 2023-05-24: Update docs to Flux RC.4 (08eaeed)